I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Substituting ground beef with turkey

I have found that using ground turkey instead of ground beef in my recipes is a wonderful thing. It is so much healthier, waayyy fewer calories, and you don't lose any of the taste. I have gotten the "fit" kind at Aldi's.. do not buy that kind. There was absolutely no flavor and no amount of seasoning helped. But I get the Wal-Mart kind from the meat department and you literally cannot tell it isn't beef. ESPECIALLY when using it in a dish like spaghetti, chili, something like that. And we have found that we actually think the turkey burgers taste better. And this is coming from someone who can ALWAYS taste when something is different or has been substituted. I hate artificial sweeteners and can taste them EVERY time... with the exception of sweet and lo in my ice tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment