I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Easy Homemade Donuts

Yay! I just found another recipe that Meemaw had sent me buried in some old emails! I can remember her making these for us when we would spend the night and she would let us help her. 
Easy Homemade Donuts
From: Meemaw
1 or 2 cans biscuits ---4--6  cups oil  put in large sauce pan --heat to boiling--make holes in  center of each biscuit --drop biscuits -3 or 4 at a time into the oil  and cook till they turn over and are brown on each side .--place 1/2 cup sugar  in paper bag or ziploc bag drop doughnuts in bag and shake it till they are coated with sugar. also can add cinnamo or cocoa  to the bag [ try it they are delicious ]  mee-maw.

No comments:

Post a Comment