I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Meemaw's Fried Potatoes

That's right. This is the REAL recipe. Just a few months before she passed away I asked Meemaw to give me a couple of her recipes. This was the first one I requested. I haven't attempted to make these myself, partially because I am positive it will never ever ever be as good as when she made them. And I am still not sure how she cut the potatoes into such uniform tiny little squares..  But yes, this is word for word what she emailed me. Yes my Meemaw EMAILED me this recipe. Because she was awesome. 


Meemaw's Fried Potatoes
From: Meemaw

peel about  6 or 8  Irish potatoes
cut them into small squares  or pieces 
add salt & pepper to taste
put oil  or bacon drippings  in large skillet 
cook till they are soft  and some are brown
stir often while cooking  =

They are very good with pinto beans, onion & cornbread ; my grandkids love them --we  all do!

No comments:

Post a Comment