I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Meemaw's Stuffed Peppers

This is the only other recipe Meemaw emailed me before she got sick. I wish I had gotten many more. She was an amazing cook. Again, this is just cut and paste straight from the email she sent me. 


Meemaw's Stuffed Peppers
From: Meemaw
6 SWEET GREEN PEPPERS 

2 EGGS =
HALF LB.BACON 
10 CRACKERS CRUMBLED
1 MED ONION;CHOPPED 
DICED  TOMATOES 

REMOVE SEEDS FROM PEPPERS AND BOIL FOR 4 OR 5 MINUTES IN SALTED WATER 

DRAIN AND LET COOL

FRY BACON TILL CRISP

BOIL EGGS, THEN CHOP

MIX CRACKERS, EGG, BACON, TOMATOES, AND ONION UNTTIL RIGHT FOR STUFFING

STUFF INTO PEPPERS  

PLACE THEM INTO BAKING DISH SPRAYING EACH ONE WITH PAM 

BAKE IN 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 30--40 MINUTES

No comments:

Post a Comment