I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Broiler Pan


I know that most of you "old school" cooks know what a broiler pan is. But I am fairly certain a lot of people don't. I rarely ever used ours until about a year ago. Now we use it for EVERYTHING. If you don't have one.. get one. You will be so glad you did. I use it to make burgers, bacon, pork steaks, you name it, in the oven. What's so great about it is that it lets all the fat drain off into the pan underneath. One, thats much healthier, and two it lets bacon get crispy, not soggy. And I HATE frying bacon. Hate it. This way I get crispy bacon with no frying. Can't beat that. Also another thing I love about it is it isn't a big mess to clean up. I spray the bottom pan and both sides of the top piece with PAM before I start. When I am done I pour off any grease or bits of gunk in the pan, rinse it a little if it is extra dirty, and then put it in the dishwasher. It comes out spotless every time. You really don't have to stand there and scrub that nasty pan afterward. Love it. Just something that my Momma taught me about that I thought I would share after using it last night for pork steaks. They came out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment