I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pork Steaks

I think this is a pretty basic way to cook Pork Steaks. But as I said, I want everything on this blog, even the easy basics, for cooks who may just be starting out. This is the way my Mom taught me to make Pork Steaks and they come out perfect every time. Jeff LOVES them.

Pork Steaks
salt
pepper
Lawry's seasoning
PAM

Preheat oven to 425. Start by spraying a broiler pan with pam (spray bottom pan, and both sides of the top piece). Season both sides of pork steaks by sprinkling with salt, pepper, and Lawry's. Place pork steaks on broiler pan and bake at 425 for about an hour, flipping steaks over after first 30 minutes to get both sides browned.

You can also do a little longer method that I discovered by accident (set the oven to the wrong temp!) that I think keeps the meat a little less dry. Bake for 1 hour at 350, flipping steaks over after first thirty minutes. Turn oven temp up to 425 and let steaks bake until browned, flipping to get both sides brown. (about 10 - 15 minutes)

I made these last night with some Savory Sweet Potatoes and 7 Layer Salad and it was unbelievably good. Yummm. (Leftovers in the fridge for lunch today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment