I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Stuffed Manicotti

This is an amazing recipe. A few years ago I made it for my best friend, Madelyn, and she immediately asked me to come over to her parents and make it for them.  I did and they thought I was the most amazing cook ever and we ate every bit of it. Her Mom was shocked when I gave her the recipe and she realized how easy it was! This goes soooo good with my Not So Greek Salad


Stuffed Manicotti
From: Christi


1 box Large Pasta Shells
1 Jar Prego Tomato Sauce
4 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg
1 Large Carton Ricotta Cheese


Cook Pasta shells, drain and set aside to cool.

Preheat Oven to 350

Mix egg and Ricotta Cheese. Salt and Pepper to taste. Put mixture in ziploc bag, cut corner out and use like an icing bag to fill the shells almost full. (about ¾ full) As you fill the shells, place them in a 9X12 pan.

Once all are filled, cover with Prego Sauce and place in oven. Cook until bubbling and sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese over the top. Place back in oven until Cheese is melted and serve.

(You can also make Alfredo Sauce and pour it through the Prego sauce before adding cheese. But do not mix it thoroughly.) 

* I will admit there is a SUPER MEGA cheat for this recipe. If you go to the freezer section of your grocery store they sell boxes of frozen stuffed shells. Buy 2 boxes, place them frozen in a small pan. Pour a jar of prego over the top and place it in the oven until they are cooked through and pasta is nice and hot. Sprinkle with cheese and put it back in the oven to melt it. I swear to you- no one will ever know the difference between these frozen ones and the homemade ones. It's ridiculous. This is how I make these most of the time now because it is faster.. but sometimes I wanna feel like I am actually COOKING dinner so I do it the other way.. which is still really easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment