I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Scrambled Eggs with Ricotta

I had heard someone mention putting fresh ricotta in scrambled eggs to make them creamy once and have wanted to try it since. Then I made my own fresh ricotta and then it was like everywhere I looked there was someone talking about scrambled eggs and ricotta. So this Sunday I decided to whip some up since I was making some ricotta for another dish anyway and I had some other goodies in my fridge and pantry I needed to use up too. So I scrambled some eggs, mixed in some ricotta and added some onion, cheddar cheese, and tomato. It was delicious. I may never make plain ole' scrambled eggs again. Just like any omelet what you can add to it is up to you. Endless possibilities. But the ricotta is the key. Yummm. 




Scrambled Eggs with Ricotta
From: Me

6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh ricotta 
Green onion, diced
Tomato, diced or cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
salt and pepper to taste

Mix 6 eggs with 1/2 cup milk and scramble in a frying pan as usual. Once eggs are cooked, but still hot, mix in the ricotta, onion, and tomatoes. Toss until all ingredients are heated warm. Add shredded cheddar and toss until melted, serve while hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment