I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Coconut milk cream

I am sure everyone has seen the pin on pinterest about refrigerating a can of Thai Kitchen coconut milk and making cream with it? Well I finally made some and it turned out delicious!!! You really have to try this. It is especially good with strawberries. The original blog said they use a spoonful in their coffee in the mornings, but I haven't tried that yet. It all got ate up with the last of our strawberries. lol This is a yummy, healthy, and clean alternative I will be using many times in the future, I am sure. 




Coconut milk cream. 

Very simple really- stick a can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Take out and once you open the can the top will be full of thick cream. Spoon that out into a mixing bowl, leaving the watery juice in the can. Sprinkle in some cinnamon and a little vanilla and whip up with a whisk. (Next time I am putting it in the mixer with my wire attachment to see if I can get it fluffier) I also added a dash of cane sugar to mine. You can play with it to get it how sweet you want. If you drink smoothies for breakfast save the juice in the bottom of the can and add it to your smoothie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment