I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chunked Baked Potatoes

I make this ridiculously often. Because potatoes are such a quick and easy side dish and everyone likes them. I have been trying really hard to have potatoes on our menu a lot less and other varieties of veggies a lot more, but it seems you can never totally escape the potato. This is a super easy way to have potatoes fast that aren't smothered in butter and cream and all that. A much healhier option. You can season these however you like. 


Chunked Baked Potatoes
By: Me

small bag new potatoes (or 4 russet potatoes) chunked, skin on. 
3 T olive oil
1 T dried parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 T dried chives
salt and pepper to taste

Toss all in a large bowl, pour into a 9x13 baking dish and bake at 400 for about 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. 

The above is my super fast version, I really like to use fresh parsley, diced up an onion, and use 2 or 3 garlic cloves and fresh chives. So you can switch out the "quick" ingredients for fresher if you like. You can also add to them all kinds of things to change it up or to use up things you have in your pantry. The other day I had some baby carrots in my fridge so I tossed them in with some onion. I have added some cheddar cheese, black olives, diced green onion and crumbled bacon in the last 5 minutes of baking time then dolloped with sour cream... lots of possibilites. 

The basic version of this makes 6 decent portions and breaks down to 167 calories per portion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment