I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Monday, September 3, 2012

White Chocolate Pretzels

I absolutely love white chocolate covered pretzels. It was an easy sweet dish I could make when I was younger so at Christmas time I would make them and feel like I was contributing to the sweet table. But now that I am older it isn't Christmas without the white chocolate pretzels. So every year I melt almond bark and start dipping. I have to make quite a few for the crowd that we have during the holidays so I stand and dip FOREVER. Well I saw on pinterest a much easier way to make them and decided today to try them to see if they were as good as the traditional ones. They taste EXACTLY the same and are SO much easier to make. Yep. I won't be standing and dipping pretzels for hours this year! Yay! Last year my Sister-in-law, Jamie, made a recipe from pinterest where you take a pretzel, place an unwrapped rolo on top and melt it, then finish it off by squishing a pecan half down on top gently. Ta-da you have turtles pretzels. They were so good we couldn't stop eating them. This is the same concept except you use the HUGS Hershey's kisses- the white chocolate ones- and you can either squish another pretzel on top, or top with a pecan.. whatever you like. I had a handful of pecan halves left so I did some both ways. I really like pecans so I prefered the ones with the nuts. I also had the idea to do the same concept with Andes Mints on pretzels. Some I left alone after they melted and some I topped with pecans. again- it was even better with the pecan on top, if you ask me. Anyway.. as you can imagine any chocolate candy that would get soft in the oven can be used, and you can top them with just about anything. I have seen them with nuts, m&ms, red hots, you name it. I saw the peppermint kisses on pretzels with red m&ms squished on top.. the possibilities are endless. 

  Anyway, I am just glad to have found a MUCH easier and faster way to get my white chocolate pretzels without all the frustration and time. Sorry the picture below isn't very pretty- I was impatient and started moving the candies to a plate before they had cooled so they ended up oozing chocolate everywhere.. hard to get a good picture then. Anyway.. can't wait for Christmas to make these!! 


White Chocolate Pretzels
From: Pinterest

Pretzels (preferably the square ones) 
Hershey's HUGS (white chocolate kisses) 
Pecan halves (optional) 

Preheat oven to 200. Spread pretzels onto baking sheet. Unwrap HUGS and place one on to each of the pretzels, centering them as much as possible. Place in oven for 2-3 minutes or until the chocolate is starting to get very soft and melty. Take them out of the oven and carefully top with either a pecan half, or another plain pretzel square. Push down just enough to sandwich the chocolate without it oozing out the sides. Let cool and serve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment