I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Even Easier Chili Dogs

OK So we don't have chili dogs very often. But some nights I am just too tired to cook after I get off work and on those nights I need something super easy to avoid getting take out. I saw this one pinterest- I know, shocker right? My first thought was, how much easier can it be to make chili dogs? Because if I am making chili dogs, I am not making home made chili for them- I buy some good canned chili. If I am going to the trouble of making home made chili- it isn't going to be for chili dogs. Anyway I read the pin and thought, ya know I feel kinda stupid thinking this, but I think I am going to try this one. So later that week I tried it and wow did it make a difference in how good the chili dogs were! Everyone agreed this is the new way to make chili dogs, and believe it or not, it is even EASIER than it was before! So on those tired end of the week nights when you want something fast and easy (and cheap.. but sorry- not healthy!) then try this one. It may surprise you! :-) 


Even Easier Chili Dogs! 
From: Pinterest! 

Hot dog buns
Hot dogs
Canned chili
Shredded Cheddar
Onion, Diced (if desired) 

Preheat oven to 350. 
Place opened hot dogs buns in the bottom of 9x13 pan. 
Place cold hot dogs in buns. 
Pour canned chili over top
Cover with shredded cheese and diced onion
Cover with foil and place in oven for 45 minutes. 
Serve while hot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment