I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Enchiladas

This is a recipe my brother, Rob, came across years ago. Somehow that recipe that was jotted down on a piece of paper, got stuck in a cookbook and we lost it. BUT the other day I accidentally found it! Yay! So here is the long lost recipe. I have never made this but I plan to next week. My brother did however make it for me years ago and I remember it being delicious! And it is so simple to throw together! Enjoy!! 


Slow Cooker Enchiladas
From: Rob

1 lb ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1 can ranch style black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can black beans- plain
1 can mild rotel
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
shredded cheddar

1 package flour tortillas

Brown ground beef and onions until cooked. Drain and add all other ingredients. In slow cooker- Layer tortilla, then mix, then shredded cheese and repeat until mixture is used up and top with cheese. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours and serve with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment