I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze

This is the easiest recipe ever. Of course I found it on pinterest! Mom and I made it the other night and it was delicious. I was being lazy and didn't get my mixer out to mix the cake batter, so it came out a little thick. I think it would have been a little more fluffy if I had used my mixer like I should have. I think this would make great pumpkin muffins too and just skip the glaze. You could do muffins and add raisins or nuts.. lots of variations on this one. so easy- for the cake you just mix the pumpkin and cake mix and nothing else. Forget all the water, oil, eggs, etc. the box calls for. If you have ever had my Mom's cinnamon cake this is a LOT like that with pumpkin flavor added in. Yummmm. 

Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
From: Noble Pig Website

1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix.. just pumpkin)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 T apple cider
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together pumpkin and cake mix. Pour into 9x13 pan and bake for 28 minutes. Mix together powdered sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice. The glaze should be thick but pourable. Pour glaze over cake while hot from the oven. Let cool before serving. You can reserve some of the glaze to add to cake pieces as you serve, but I didn't find that it needed more glaze, it was pretty rich. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment