I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Rigatoni with Eggplant Puree

I have seen Giada make this so many times on her show and every time I think I wanna make it and then think that Jeff won't like it and talk myself out of it. I finally decided to make it and I'm glad I did. It was good, and Jeff liked it! I think next time I might add chicken to it. 

Rigatoni with Eggplant Puree
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
3 T olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb. rigatoni pasta
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup grated parmesan

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large bowl combine eggplant, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Spread the vegetables out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the vegetables are tender and the eggplant is golden, about 35 minutes.

Meanwhile boil pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, and reserve 1 ½ cups of the cooking liquid.

Transfer the roasted vegetables to a food processor. Add the torn mint and the extra-virgin olive oil. Puree the vegetables.

Transfer the pureed vegetables to the bowl with the pasta and add the parmesan. Stir to combine, adding the pasta cooking liquid ½ cup at a time until the pasta is saucy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment