I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chopped cabbage

This is something I came across accidentally. I have never had cabbage made this way, but maybe it is an old way to make it and I am just figuring it out because I haven't always liked cabbage all that much? I don't know. I was making my un-stuffed cabbage casserole and was softening the cabbage when I snuck a taste. It tasted soooo good I decided that I was going to make it that way as a vegetable side and see if everyone else liked it too. It tastes so buttery even though there isn't any butter in it, and almost has a steamed cauliflower taste. Anyway.. it is really good. Don't knock it till you try it! 


Chopped Cabbage

1 head cabbage
olive oil 
salt
pepper

Cut cabbage into bite size pieces and toss into very large pot.Place on stovetop on high.  Drizzle with olive oil until fairly coated, salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit for 3 or 4 minutes until pot and cabbage are getting hot. You don't want the cabbage on bottom to burn, but it is ok if a few pieces get a little brown. With a large spoon toss cabbage around in pot until all the cabbage is slightly softened, but still has a crunch to it, and is hot. That's it. Serve while hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment