I fell in love with cooking as a little girl, sitting on the counter, helping Mom cook. That shared love of cooking is what this blog is all about. I want this to be a place where we can all share and learn from each other all our favorite recipes, kitchen tips, and more. From how to fry an egg to Grandma's tried and true classics to your favorite olive oil. I hope everyone enjoys the blog, has fun with it, and will contribute your own ideas.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Beef and Rice

This is a recipe my Mom has made for as long as I can remember. It sounds plain and simple but it is sooo good. I start craving it after a while! It is one of my brothers favorite things that Mom makes. Its super easy, very few ingredients, and its really good. Can't beat that!

Beef & Rice
From: Judy R.

1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped green onion
3-4 lbs ground beef
4 cups cooked rice


Put bell pepper, green onion, and ground beef in a large skillet and cook until meat is browned, then drain well. Add in the cooked rice and serve while hot! 


Notes: You can always add more vegetables if you would like. We just made this and said next time we might add some diced fresh tomato to change it up. Or if there are different peppers you like, I think it would be good with fresh diced banana pepper added to it, but there isn't much I don't like banana pepper with! haha!


Also- these measurements make enough to feed 4 people, and we have a lot left over for lunches. So if you don't want enough to feed an army... you may want to cut down the amounts of the ingredients. 


Update: The last couple of times I made this I have added some grape tomatoes tot he mix while it is hot. You can keep them whole or half them. The mix is so hot it heats up the tomato just enough they are warm but not cooked and smooshy. It is a delicious addition that we have decided we will do every time now.  Yummy. Plus is adds a nice pretty red color to the plate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment